- Urgent problems between 8.00am and 8.30am are handled by NHS 111 and if necessary passed to the surgeries doctor on call.
- We are closed from 12.30pm to 1.30pm every day – not for lunch but simply to catch up and do everything we didn’t have time to do in the morning.
- Please avoid phoning before 10.30.am for general enquiries as the phones are busy with staff handling appointments for the day.
- We will not deal with requests for test results until after 11.30am.
When We Are Closed
Out of hours cover (after 6.30 pm and at weekends) is only for urgent medical problems that cannot safely wait until the surgery re-opens. As GPs we no longer have specific responsibility for out of hours care.
You can contact the NHS 111 Service by dialling 111. The 111 service will advise you regarding your problem and if necessary will put you in contact with the Out of Hours GP service or if appropriate other sources of help.
Lantern Surgery has no responsibility for the 111 service and we are no longer allowed to put you call through directly to the Out of Hours GP service.
NHS Walk-in Centre / Minor Injuries Clinics
There are several ‘Walk in Centres’ locally which can be useful for minor illness and are often open later than the surgery. Walk-in Centres do not usually treat children under the age of two years.
- Weybridge NHS Walk-In Centre – 01932 826013.
Weybridge Hospital and Primary Centre, 22 Church Street, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 8DY
Weekdays 7.00am-7.30pm Weekends 9.00am-4.00pm
- Teddington NHS Walk-In Centre – 020 8714 4004.
Teddington Memorial Hospital, Hampton Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 0JL.
Weekdays 8.00am – 9.30pm Weekends and Bank Holidays 8.00am – 9.00pm.
- Gosbury Hill, Chessington, NHS GP-led Centre – 020 8974 1884. Orchard Gardens, Chessington, Surrey. Provides a walk in and wait service from 8.00am to 8.00pm 365 days per year. Urgent cases will be seen the same day. You do not have to be registered.
Local Accident and Emergency Departments :
Please remember these are for ‘accidents and emergencies’ . If in doubt dial 111.
- Kingston Hospital – 020 8546 7711, Galsworthy Road, Kingston on Thames, Surrey, KT2 7QB
- Epsom General Hospital – 01372 735 735, Dorking Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7EG
Call 999 in an emergency. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.